15 minute cities coming to Oz soon thanks to the weak & the woke, page-38

1. 7,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    It won't work for everyone and no one says it is enforced that you must remain within 15 min of your residence. But it will work for many. A call centre doesn't need 6 floors of office space in the CBD. iiNet as an example have call centres as far apart as south africa and new zealand. Many staff log in from home as do most business call centres. Same for real estate, accountants and pretty much any office based job. Just a weekly or fortnightly face to face with the boss. Most self employed tradies work pretty close to home as a business decision. $130 an hour for a local job sure beats an hour sitting in traffic. Your local bunnings, harvey norman, restuarant, tavern etc would have most of their staff living within about 15 min.

The concept of a 15 min locality is to reduce unneccessary travel, boost productivity, generate a community feel.

It is not compulsory but in the overall scheme of things sure beats sitting in traffic hours every day as I did when I worked in the CBD over an hour each way from home. Until we got decent broadband and I worked from home 4 out of 5 days. My main external travel after that was a catch up with colleagues or to visit a customer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.