SHV 1.22% $4.16 select harvests limited

1500 acre acquisition

1. 290 Posts.
    Another acquisition from Select.

A good buy in principle, especially since this orchard is not yet a customer of select, so select get all the benefits of applying its entire vertical integrated supply chain to this orchard.

Funny thing, I went on realestate.com.au and there was a 5000 acre property in same place called Belvedere Orchard......so I gave the agent a call...

I got the impression something fishy was going on....the agent denied the property was for sale and couldn't get off the phone quick enough when I mentioned the Select Harvest news today (an hour after announcement)

Further web research reveals the property was most likely an orchard owned by Four Arrows Group...as pasted.....

"Belvedere situated at the north east corner of Tubbo towards Naranderra NSW, is approximately 970 hectares (2,400 acres) and fronts the Sturt Highway. Work commenced in March 2003 to establish Belvedere as an Almond orchard. With the completion of planting in August 2005 Belvedere has 285 hectares (1,200 acres) of orchards."

The funny thing is, Four Arrows also runs the orchard on realestate.com.au as pasted here

I urge anyone to give the Agent John Dalton a call on 0407 549 703 if you want a 5000 acre orchard, with various dwellings

"Belvedere is located in the central Riverina in the Murrumbidgee food bowl. It is a modern Almond Orchard with excellent accommodation and working improvements, watering and fertigation systems and additional area"s set aside for further Almond or permanent planting expansion as well as areas designed for vegetable and cereal crop production.
    The orchard is in two blocks - Belvedere Orchard and Egan Road Orchard, both inter dependent on each other and both highly productive.
    The 2011 Almond Crop plus the extensive and well maintained plant & equipment are part if this sale and prospective purchasers may inspect the property with full confidence of an excellent return on investment."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.16
Change
0.050(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $506.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.10 $4.22 $4.10 $232.3K 55.79K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2270 $4.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.18 271 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.