VCR ventracor limited

150th implant, page-11

1. 262 Posts.
    Blakes7, could you please qualify why you think stem cells are 10-20years away. You can't just make a statement "in my opinion" without giving a reason. What makes your opinion valid?
    I was also wondering what your qualifications are to say "in my view" size does not matter regarding these devices?
    Certainly the cardiothoracic surgeons implanting these devices seem to prefer the ease of insertion of a smaller fully intrathoracic device (1-2hr operation) rather than having to open the abdominal cavity (4hr operation). Patient recovery is also expedited.

I think to compare progress in terms of the amount of implants is not valid. HTW's progress to this point has not required as many implants as VCR did. I think it is valid to compare progress in terms of progress to revenue/profit. That is what makes the share price go up or down. In terms of progress to revenue I think you'll find heartware is not so far behind. CE mark for VCR was 18th Dec 2006. This will occur for HTW in 1st quarter 2008.
    VCR US BTT trials began June this year. HTW US trial scheduled to began early 2008. Anticipated first revenues for HTW, early 2008. So I think to say they are 2yrs 5 months behind is a bit of a stretch.
    Then you've got to market and sell the things... we'll have to see the results of the trial, but if performance is comparable, and price similar, I would have thought it would be harder to sell a product that is twice as hard to implant. Surgeons like things to be easy and uncomplicated and their time is precious. Which do you think they will prefer?
    Management... do you have faith in VCR management?
    They'e got a better product than thoratec, but still struggling to get support. HTW's US background will possibly make it easier for them to progress in the US.
    Production, VCR doesn't seem to have any issues there. HTW has had problems in the past and they've recently narrowed their acceptance parameters. Jury out.
    I am trying not to be biassed here as I also hope VCR goes up, but my optimism regarding that is certainly fading more and more. When are they going to make a profit?
    Finally does anyone think these discussions make any difference to anyone's decision to buy or sell this stock?
    Doubt it. The VCR forum is diseased. Get professional advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.