VCR ventracor limited

I agree that VCR is way ahead of HTW. VCR had 20 implants at...

1. 177 Posts.
    I agree that VCR is way ahead of HTW. VCR had 20 implants at around April 2005, looking at my chart.

This means VCR is precisely 2 yrs 5 months ahead of HTW, in terms of implant rate anyway.

This is partly why i think VCR is grossly undervalued. There is a lot of negative sentiment attached to stock. Just look at some of the posts in the last couple of months, most of which are just hype with no facts or logic. Many have blatantly false statements.

My view is that the smaller size of HTW's device is significantly overrated. Ventrassist has been implanted in a 35kg 10 y.o child. The smaller size of these 3rd gen devices compared to previous generations is such that size is no longer one of the most significant factors. From what i can recall of VCR's trial results there are very few complications from the surgery itself.

Rather, looking at the "adverse events" in the clinical trials there are more important factors such as infection, blood quality etc. This has a lot to with the design and the material that the device is made from. Another significant factor is the usability, the TETS technology will really increase uptake of the device as you can live a life more normally.

This is why VCR has the advantage as they are putting a lot of R&D into these areas. They got the $2.8m grant, they've been working on TETS for years and have a look at the jobs they have on offer at the moment from dma's recent post. Many of them for senior engineers who will be involved in testing and optimising the design.

More info on their upcoming product enhancements are in VCRs annual report.

As for stem cells, in my opinion they are at least 10-20 yrs away and i actually have doubts they will ever be that effective. I put them in same category as genetics. A lot of hype, people think they'll cure everything, but very little to actually show from published and respected clinical trials. The human body naturally makes stem cells all the time in order to continually heal and regenerate the body. Why doesn't it naturally heal the heart? Answer, the person keeps living an unhealthy lifestyle.

As long as people keep believing in genetic wonders, stem cells, the magic pill, holy grail... whatever... then we will keep living unhealthy lifestyles.

And as people continue to lead unhealthy lifestyles, i believe VCR will continue to have a booming business in the next 30-40 yrs.

The biggest threat to VCR is people actually start eating well and exercising and i can't see that happening anytime soon.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.