.My point is that those who decide to travel overseas should...

1. 22,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    .My point is that those who decide to travel overseas should first have confirmed travel insurance cover just as one is expected to have insurance cover on one's car. If they cant afford that then they cant really afford the overseas travel. I have been treated as foolish when I paid over $1000 for travel insurance by neighbours who use the "mimimal" cover given by credit cards when you use the card to pay the fare. Lets face it, if the travel insurance is free it is likely very limited when you read the fine print. A 2% Credit card processing fee is about $30 on a $1500 airfare and let's face it, the credit card provider is not going to give away the full $30 in the form of travel insurance cover!

I can understand a few hundred leaving for humanitarian reasons but not 16,000!

16,000 for hotel accommodation will at least cost the taxpayer at least $60 million which could be better spent giving temporary shelter to those unfortunates in our cities who are sleeping rough. They can be housed for 10% of the cost of hotel accommodation for the high flters!

If as someone commented above "Australia looks after it's citizens.Even the fools." , then why not prioritise the most unfortunate "fools"?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.