@Gutshotpro; prior to receiving a jab people are advised to...

1. 46,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @Gutshotpro; prior to receiving a jab people are advised to consult with their GP. IMO that's absolutely essential because there is an element of risk involved in taking any medication / vaccination and your GP is best placed to assess your peculiar circumstances.

In my case I also did a lot of online research into Covid vaccines and any interactions with other medical interventions - following a DVT and a subsequent massive PE I take a blood thinner and medication to lower my BP. That confirmed the advice from my GP.

Distilled down it's not about risk elimination, it's about risk minimisation. If I had contracted Covid19 unvaccinated my GP advised my chances of survival approximated zero. The risks I faced in getting vaccinated were therefore very much lower.

Unfortunately, the messaging around the A-Z vaccine has been absolutely dreadful - Morrison's decision to politicise what was medical advice has proven a disastrous intervention which has trashed brand A-Z and undermined public confidence in vaccinations.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.