AVR 0.50% $17.91 anteris technologies ltd

18.5c Top, page-10

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    wannabe shares never fail to be compared with FMG - but historically, FMG type price action occurs only a few times in a lifetime.
    as a matter of fact, the highest intraday price for FMG was $131 - that's not a typo.

so to AHZ....
    there's a lot of confused ideas in these posts, I'll take tomboy's first.

tomboy wants to superimpose AHZ's earlier trading pattern (the triple top ending Feb/Mar) onto today's price movements. Unfortunately the later trading pattern has been a complete discontinuation of that earlier pattern - no relationship to it at all. The comment that the sp kept rising to 18.5c (current major resistance) then 'dropped' to 9.5c - no it didn't just drop to 9.5c, that fall marked a totally new trading pattern one that ended in total stagnation....

And I can't make out his/her later comments -
    "The day traders are watching this one on HC a lot, just look at the daily views/posts, its been in top20 last few days. The day traders will attack its upside Monday morning guaranteed."
    that doesn't seem consistent with an expectation of further rises.

then the comment -
    "the news on friday would have surprised many traders and general public even the politicians and journalists who have numerous contacts with retail investors."
    he/she must be joking, Admedus have made no secret of their plant launch. Maybe tomboy has fallen into the old trap of thinking that whereas every dimwit on HC knew about the opening, the vastly bigger professional market didn't?????.
    So I'm not sure where tomboy is going at all.

lexcorp -
    "It's only higher risk buyers who made it gap up. I and others bought more at 12.5 last week and we bought when there was less risk. Todays buyers bought with higher risk as the sp more than likely will cool off and close the gap and let the short term moving average catch up."
    that's a fair comment I agree with, but it doesn't point to any upside on Monday does it?

and I don't understand your 'mathematical' preoccupation with MACD's and MA's - yes they are useful, no they don't have mathematical certainty like you keep implying.
    Now it's long established that when prices move sideways within narrow limits (as AHZ's sp has done in recent times) that a breakout can be expected. Nothing new there. And the longer that narrow sideways movement then the more closely MA's converge - they cannot do otherwise. The question remains how strong is that breakout likely to be?

last chart....
    last Friday's 'abandoned baby' - if you followed Madmac's link you'd see that the majority of the time these type of candles are followed by a retrace. Notice I'm saying 'most of the time' I don't know what gives posters the authority to say what 'will' happen when all market movements are no more than probabilities. So IMO, on the balance of probabilities, I don't see AHZ's sp making any sharp upward movement this week unless there is further supporting good news. Surely posters expected a rise with the publicity of the plant opening, and surely they will expect a further rise when the long-drawn-out final results of the Ph 1 trial is announced? that's a natural consequence of those events - but to what level will AHZ rise? and how sustainable will it be? no doubt the first barrier will be 18.5c and after that? your guess is as good as mine - but it needs to be realistic.

talking of realistic - let's take stonemason's 50c figure. That would equate to a fully diluted market cap of $800 million - I don't know what he smokes, but it must be good stuff to imagine AHZ at that level any time soon. And that brings me to my pitchfork....
    The reason I stuck the pitchfork on AHZ's chart is because of the silly projections posters were making at the time about AHZ's immediate fortunes. That pitchfork was designed to contain AHZ's price within reasonable boundaries - and there's no denying it's done a very good job so far. Yes, there'll be lots of yap, yap, yap, from the usual suspects but that pitchfork has contained AHZ's sp remarkably well.

I've given good reasons, many many times for why I think AHZ's sp is constrained and I'm not going to labour them again now. My overall impression is that AHZ is a stock the market wants to like but needs more assurance about profitability. When that happens AHZ is likely to move forward on a sound basis.

(I've upset five different lots of posters this week - I must be doing something right. LOL.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.91
Change
-0.090(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $344.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.00 $18.10 $17.75 $74.32K 4.151K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 681 $17.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.25 100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.