AVR 0.00% $18.00 anteris technologies ltd

18.5c Top, page-24

1. 1,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    Not sure who I am agreeing with or disagreeing with, but, the 'value' of the company being reflected in the SP may not increase until just that - the value of the company changes.

The production volume and current customers (and there fore sales) may be appropriate for the current share price. With all respect to those posting charts (which confuse the hell out of me and why I stopped trying to trade with them) the fact is that we only have 24 'customers' in the areas where the company can 'peddle its wares'. As per previous posts in this thread, the current production quoted at 2000 patches PA, increasing to 20000 PA with the opening of the new facility. with the apparent (or potential) cost of $1500 per item and a recent mention of 50% profit, the annual production of 2000 patches is 1.5 million profit on top of the company's current approx profit of 10 million (which the company is still trading at a loss) and that is if all 2000 patches have been sold. Lots of if's!

In 12 months when the production ramps up to the announced 20000 items PA, and the projected 40000 with the arrival of additional staff mentioned elsewhere, and if the demand is there, the profit potentially increases to 10 to 20 times the current (15 - 30 million PA). That is something that may make the rest of the investing community sit up and take notice and want in.

One big unknown is the potential usage rate of patches. An average of three patches per procedure has been mentioned, and from my research (data from three centres - but it is better than nothing), dedicated paediatric cardiothoracic centres (both locally and abroad) perform 300 - 350 open heart procedures each year. With these numbers, the range of patches potentially used (and therefore needed) is 1000 at the maximum (which would limit our current supply to two centres, which with 24 current 'customers' we know is not the case) or 20000 patches would be absorbed by just 20 centres, to who knows at the minumum. Not all open heart reconstructive procedures require patches (some defects can simply be sewn shut so I am to believe) - so it could be as few as one patch per week - or less. I also believe that it is also a tad less than sensible (fuzzy and not committal enough to avoid being tarred and feathered?) to use the birth rate of children born with CHD as a guide for projected sales. A proportion of them may not need surgery, and some also will be corrected with out the need for products such as Cardiocel. But, as the word spreads through the cardiothoracic community, good chance so will the uptake of the items and there fore increase sales. But one thing is that there is a very good chance that one day on the future if a patch needs to be used, it will most likely be Cardiocel.

Most of us believe for one reason or an other that this company has a very good chance of making many of us quite 'financially independent'.

Be patient friends: good (very) good things are most likely heading our way. Some of us want it now, however, as it stands, the company at the present moment (Wednesday morning, about 9:45) is probably not making the money to really reflect a better (higher) share price.

We can all see the potential of this Aussie biotech, which is why we all bought, and read HC like it is the Gospel (Torah, or Koran based on the different religious persuasions). When this all pans out (any where in the next 10 years with regard to the potential HSV 2 and HPV vaccines), we can all think back to all this and laugh.

Just my two cents worth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.