AMP 1.89% $1.08 amp limited

18 May SP prediction, page-9

1. 2,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    I wish I had the answer for you. However, my thoughts on the matter for what it's worth. I am not a trader or advisor but an "average Joe" investor. Firstly I think whatever Macquarie may or may not do with respect to AMP will be thoroughly researched with de risk strategies well in place before any move will be made. For Macquarie the opportunity may well be within the retail banking area of AMP given the the outcome of the Royal Commission and the cost of compliance which will weigh heavily on the smaller banks that do not have the economies of scale to absorb these costs. Likewise for Bedigo and Bank of Queensland. Interestingly, Macquarie reduced the ratio of dividend payout to shareholders for the latest dividend with the extra held back for future investment, If Macquarie does have the war chest it may open up the opportunity to create a fifth pillar in the Australian Banking Indusry. The key to any future move to some degree be governed by the outcome of elections on 18 May and the ultimate composition of both houses and government along with Geopolical considerations. Yes I do hold shares I both MQG and AMP. If any move were to be made both timing and opportunity will be the key drivers

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.08
Change
0.020(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $2.834B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.06 $1.08 $1.06 $25.50M 23.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 139193 $1.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 37879 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.