hi kingy -- yesterday I did a horrific exercise...

1. 80,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi kingy -- yesterday I did a horrific exercise ------------------- a mate of mine who has a new build - 2021 - a very high efficiency building - in Devonport, tassie -

told me that he knew someone who was living with their child - they are on the old age pension, no debts - but, they can't afford any rental places - none.

so, I'm up on rentals here - and, this is a very pretty town and a department capital - even in town you can get a place which is a small by neat enough apartment for around 325/350 euro - a MONTH. so, in Aussie per week - that would be about $126 a week.

So, I looked up Devonport rentals on realestatedotcom - got a fright - so, I looked up Launceston, Hobart, Townsville, Lighting Ridge, Gold coast and many other places -------

my god -------------------- the vast bulk were way over 300 bucks a week --

the aged pension with rental assistance at a guess is probably about 1100 a fortnight for a single --

so - rent 350 ish a week and pension 550 a week --

200 bucks a week left over for power, water (in tassie), insurance, medical, transport, food, clothing (heating and cooling)

that's Oz - and, that's as near as dammit to third world - well on the way anyway

tell me that 350 bucks a week to rent is a better nation than 126 bucks a week?????????
    Last edited by pintohoo: 02/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.