@pinto....I heard a Pommie wine judge talking, and it was...

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    @pinto....I heard a Pommie wine judge talking, and it was confirmed by my oldest daughter, who spent a year in Europe. That our better Cask Wines, which we disparagingly refer to as Chateau Cardbourde, are far superior to anything you can buy in Spain, for the same price. Of course, that was ten years ago. Things change.

Actually I have met a few Spanish people in Oz. But of course, mainly brown-skinned Spanish speakers from South America, who fled the Pinochet regime. I really think the mestizo ladies from the PI are the very, very best. My lady's dad ran a Spanish household. The Hacienda looked like it was teleported from Spain. However, his daughter identified herself as totally Asian. Although they are all strictly Catholic, the European/Jesuit ideas of abstinence, never crossed the minds of those passionate little ladies. Their whole aim in life, is to have babies. As a young man in those days, the young ladies there pursued me. One gets used to being told they are. "Isang guwapo Kano." I think they value westerners, for we are better and more considerate lovers. Pilpino men are often very neglectful of their wives.

BTW.
    Q. Why do all the buildings in Northern Spain have lots of doors?

A. Because they do not want to have all their Basques in the one exit.

Boom; BOOM!
    Va con, hombre....Marum.(el Gato)
    Last edited by Marum: 04/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.