STO 0.43% $7.05 santos limited

18 Year Time Horizon - Buy or Not

1. 34 Posts.
    I am 47 now and just found out that through my Host Superannuation plan they make it very easy to buy individual shares within the plan (as well as use their managed fund options, its a pretty cool feature actually and was a revelation).

Generally dont want to get into individual stock investments having made money and then been burnt before. I am kind of over it/off the whole thing. But this seems a bit different to use super money without the hassle of setting up a SMSF.

I want to take $50,000 of my super money and put it into STO shares (within the Host Platform). I will not need (or be able to access) the money for 18 years and so my investment horizon would be to buy and then completely forget about them for 18 years (when I turn 65).

I am inspired to do this because of the current share price of Santos (not at an all time low but pretty close to it) and the future prospects for the oil price over the next 18 years and the fact that Santos is a fairly legendary company that is going through a very bad patch. Just its name and status I would think should see it ultimately recover eventually.

I feel that with an 18 year time frame it would be impossible to go wrong with this stock right now. What do others think? Would really appreciate any opinions on this.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.05
Change
0.030(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $22.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.03 $7.08 $7.03 $63.53M 9.012M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1124 $7.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.06 16117 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.