STO 1.16% $6.84 santos limited

18 Year Time Horizon - Buy or Not, page-21

1. 833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 588

I was going to reply to db76 where he said he said "Two for the archive" referring to my and another post, my comment to him was going to be "Knocked out two targets with the one stone, nice shooting db!!"

I guess in hindsight is was a bit of a naïve comment, however what I have found is that for one thing, trading in oil and gas companies is very risky because the fact is the amount of supply out weighs the demand to such an extent that produces have to cut production to keep the price from falling to far.

On the other side of the coin you have companies who can't get enough of their product out there to meet demand and are constantly increasing their production (and profits) to meet this demand. I'm no expert and I don't (and can't) give advice and I know there is a lot more to this subject than what I'm saying here, but the basic fundamentals are there. Mike Kaine from Boral (BLD) said the other night that Australia is 20% into an infrastructure boom and the next several years the 80% of the boom will occur, he knows what is on his order books well in advance, he's cut costs, acquired assets in the US, and his products are in demand for the underway infrastructure boom so I think this is a good company.

However, today I put $100K into BUB Baby Formula because I've researched there product over months and like A2M, it is a product in high demand especially in China. As one poster on HC put "Its like crack to babies", they love it, it is easily digestible and like A2M it only contains the A2 casein protein. I suspect that readers here might ridicule this post, but I'm not encouraging anyone here to buy it, nor am I saying it's a certainty, but if you read my previous post in full, I suggest putting your money into "something you believe in" and I believe in BUB & A2M partly because demand out ways supply and partly because they are morally and environmentally less damaging the oil, gas etc.

I know this won't go down real well on the Santos thread, but you asked the question, so sorry for the answer, I've previously held AGL (since 1990) and Origin and I still hold Santos and LNG. I can't say anyone can buy stocks with certainty, so I apologise for that slip of the tongue, but I hope this answers your question.

One final comment, on the baby formula threads I would get a few 'likes' for this, but I don't think I'll get any here, it seems the only time people 'like' comments is when you just post something positive about a the company, most people don't like hearing the other side!! MB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.