GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Again the banks will have a lot of insurance in place for...

1. 13,143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2780
    Again the banks will have a lot of insurance in place for commercials.

Not sure if the insurance companies allocate much of their reserves to Gold, mainly in short dated gov bonds.

Mining has a lot of debt and a lot in USD, which makes things tough when AUD falls

I saw a loan to AUS mining company by CBA and they took full security but only lent the company 10% of its market cap, some other thread i had read, id say the big four might have some problems with some clients but they will be well secured.

banks here are more capitalised now than a few years ago, they have made clients take insurance which they recover totally, they have revalue people properties down, lowered their LVR lending criteria, I think the big four are quite well covered......................the insurance alone imo should have meant the insurance companies need to make sure they were capitalised not the banks as they had already insured their leverage with getting more security and making customers insure their debts................ I think Apra got the target wrong. Why did the banks have to raise extra capital to cover potential losses which were insured anyway is beyond me

I don't think it will affect gold price buying or selling

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.