XJO 1.25% 7,777.7 s&p/asx 200

Cheers for the detailed response mate.There's a lot of sh1t...

1. 2,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2603
    Cheers for the detailed response mate.

There's a lot of sh1t that is thrown up on this thread, especially of late, but this response is the stuff I keep coming here for.

The little gems or clues to lead you to improve your own game. Even one little tip can help a huge amount if employed daily over your trading career.

Or perhaps just opens the door to look into a different style/strategy to see if it helps your own.

Since start of May I opened a new account to focus on scalping only.

Wanted a new challenge but also wanted to not only embrace the algo chop but see if I could profit from it.

I thought it'd improve the way I find levels not only for XJO but the larger components that make up the index and can say it's certainly helped a lot (and is currently running at 1.5% profit per week)

Also wanted to give myself something to do in the first half hour of trade before options start becoming liquid. lol

Tuesday was my biggest drawdown and a day when everything I knew seemed to be wrong - all the indicators were giving false signals and CBA led that charge for the past couple of weeks (very irregular trade patterns but luckily eeked out a very small loss for the day but has me set well on bigger timeframes).

That's why I looked back and found CBA hadn't been this overbought on hourly since May 2020.

The way we closed the week helped me understand what was going on much more.

Hence why I think a much bigger move is coming, trade patterns like this don't happen often, especially multi month set ups like XJO.

Doesn't mean it all kicks off Monday but it does mean I'd stay cautious for now and run through all scenarios (bull or bear) before hitting the go button...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.