SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

19.22% - owned by ISX or Nick Karantzis?, page-55

1. 782 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2204
    You're right. It's pretty simple mathematics. In broad terms ISX owns 20%. Of that, JK through his wholly owned Select All vehicle has 8% (as 41% owner of ISX), and the rest of ISX has the other 12%. That's putting it over-simplistically but you know what I'm driving at.

The beauty of this is that it's a win-win-win. By ISX owning nearly a fifth of NSX, that means that if it goes off like a firecracker, JK is rewarded for his efforts as are all ISX shareholders. That's before you get to the ancillary benefits of what that does for the business of Probanx globally (remembering ISX owns 100% of them) and NSX shareholders individually. As indicated before, I'll leave the tech side of things to those with far more knowledge in that field than I, but if it is an unmitigated success (as opposed to the ASX debacle), won't it sell itself not just here but abroad? Everyone laughed at NASDAQ in its infancy. What happens (pardon the pun) if Singapore (SGX) want a sling? It'll be an open tab at the Long Bar at Raffles!

Thanks to what may prove to be a very astute ISX investment, they (ISX) are challenging (indirectly) the ASX monopoly, whilst in suspension, thanks to NSX - and ISX shareholders are profiting from it. I don't know how shareholders could be disappointed with that. Seriously, ISX is like the magic pudding for ASX. They must be wishing they never heard of them. Further, I don't have a problem with the current shareholder structure at ISX. Those making the big calls have the most to lose by a long stretch, so why would decisions be made that would fail to promote the best interests of the company. That simply doesn't make sense on any level. The important thing is that NSX are having a red hot crack against a market monopoly and ISX are investing in them. I'm sure they're not looking to take over from ASX. They probably just wish to take a sufficiently healthy slice of the market (and encourage others to do so) in order to dilute the ASX stranglehold.

As for the HWL float, you may be right. Most legal firms though prefer to list on a larger exchange like ASX or LSE (AIM-submarket). To date, the Aussie firms have done so fundamentally because it's a better 'fit' for them and they had no choice. You're dealing with a very old profession that sometimes moves at glacial speed. I think the NSX is being geared up more as a NASDAQ style operation and targeted at tech companies, start-ups, etc. It's like saying will BHP shift to NSX. Probably not but maybe in time if NSX prove themselves but I don't think NSX are targeting mining behemoths. @aniesbaswedan check out 'Catch of The Decade'. It's a good read. Same groundbreaking scenario as NSX but for online selling. Couldn't get a foot in the suppliers door early on, but the rest is history. It won't happen for NSX in record time, but I think it will happen because the time is right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.