CTP 1.96% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

19 october presentation , page-3

1. 8,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    "How much compensation is CTP receiving for this negligence? After all are we not being led to believe this ruined the entire holes purpose; ie no flow as a result?
    "

None,I suspect. It was done on the express instructions of CTP, we took all responsibilty for the outcome.

You need to remember that litigation costs money, not only that if you go around apportioning blame and trying to get an exact compenstaion for anything taht goes wrong (especially in the exploration industry) you may find that Drilling companies will not want to work for CTP unless there are substantial contractual protections in place.

Remember , there are not many rigs available in Oz, and if we get up their nose, it wont matter how much money we have in the bank we will have significant problems getting holes drilled.

So, forget who is to blame and look forward to how we ensure it does not happen again.

I agree that not having enough (or any 8") pipes is not satisfactory.

But , you need to realise that Drilling operators are not "Brain Surgeons" they do a difficult job, in very difficult locations, and while they gain a lot of expertise over the years that is comperable with a Geo or an Engineer.

They are by and large "Boguns" of the lower order, Hard drinking, sweaty, foul mouthed, hard fighting, persons.

All very well to criticise sitting in front of a computer in luxury, BIG difference to doing the job of drilling.

And even more difficult trying to run CTP. give the guy a break he is really doing his best for all of us.

CB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.1¢ 5.0¢ $61.41K 1.222M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 462354 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 450000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.12pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.