BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

$1b deal here were come, page-17

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    "I have tried but cannot recall any corporate presentations made in china."

Buda, sometime ago, a member of the HC brain trust (I think it was Hoyland or Drafter) showed us that a Chinese company had patented almost identical patents to those of Benitec in China, albeit with a filing date a year after those of BLTs.

The Chinese are now the most prolific patent filers in the world. However, all is not as it seems as more than 95% of these applications are filed domestically with the State Intellectual Property Office. The vast majority cover Chinese "innovations" that make only tiny changes on existing designs and in many other cases, a Chinese filer "patents" a foreign invention in China with the goal of suing the foreign inventor for "infringement" in a Chinese legal system that doesn't recognize foreign patents.

Not to mention that China doesn't bother with international patents on drugs either. They simply start producing generics as soon as they know how and cite economic hardship. A battle they appear to have won on more than one occasion.

I think that BLT have decided that it is a case of 'better the devil you know'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.