BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

"No sign of CR, no sign of anything really, except a director...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    "No sign of CR, no sign of anything really, except a director was it? buying big when?? Just enough amount of time before a huge announcement so he doesn't get done for insider trading? Reckon that timing and they bought in says it all."

Actually, I think Mel bought shares immediately after the uniQure announcement expecting that to be a spur for the sp to rise but, like the rest of us, he got that wrong.

"No sign of CR." This is true. At the end of last year I was bearish about a deal and thought that CR was going to happen. Particularly as PF refused to address my question about funding. Then I got bullish about a deal for a week or two simply because BLT's management was not behaving like a company that is about to run out of money and, as you say, they had made no announcement about CR. After the last presentations and the report about us seeking 5% partners I am back to being bearish.

I would say that DW2 is most likely to be correct when he says that consolidation is going to happen and this will be followed by a private placement of shares. This is likely to be Hobson's choice for existing shareholders.

I hope that I am wrong and that we can do a deal but, given the series of events that need to take place for a deal to happen before March 31 this seems less and less likely IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.