OGD oceana gold limited

1st 1/4 gold prod. up to 52 021oz..., page-3

1. 34,500 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    MEDIA STATEMENT
    19 April 2006
    OceanaGold Achieves Higher Production and Lower Costs
    Steve Orr, Chief Executive Officer, announced today that OceanaGold’s production during the
    first quarter of 2006 increased to 52,021 ounces of gold compared to 40,485 ounces produced
    during the first quarter of 2005. The Macraes operation exceeded its first quarter 2005 gold
    production by 28% and achieved a life of mine record for quarterly production. In addition, cash
    costs of production during the first quarter of 2006 were A$303 per ounce (US$223 per ounce)
    compared to A$411 per ounce (US$320 per ounce)1 in the same period of 2005.
    The Macraes operation is benefiting from the mining of higher ore grades and is achieving
    higher efficiencies at its Macraes process plant.
    OceanaGold will release its quarterly activity report on April 28, 2006.
    - ENDS -
    For further information please contact:
    Mr Steve Orr, Chief Executive Officer Mr Ric Ronge, Investor Relations Manager
    Oceana Gold Limited Oceana Gold Limited
    Tel: 61 3 9656 5300 Tel: 61 3 9656 5303
    Background Information
    OceanaGold is a leading gold producer listed on the Australian (ASX) and New Zealand
    (NZSX) Stock Exchanges. The Company currently produces approximately 180,000 ounces of
    gold per annum from its Macraes Mine in New Zealand and is developing two further mines, the
    Frasers Underground in the Macraes Goldfield and the Globe Progress Open Pit in the Reefton
    Goldfield.
    Further information is available on the Company’s website www.oceanagold.com.
    1 Q1 2005 cash costs are as reported in 2005, prior to OceanaGold’s conversion to AIFRS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.