AGY 0.00% 8.1¢ argosy minerals limited

1st post on agy and gdn

1. 115 Posts.
    Hi ya all. Please bear with me, as this is my first post and I will apologize now for any mistakes or offences that may or may not occur.
    This will be posted under 2 companies as I am seeking feedback on more then one issue if possible. The more feedback the better, good bad or indifferent.
    I have been reading posts on here for the last 6 weeks pretty well day and night and it has been full on. There is definitely a lot of different fruit on this tree and the majority of posts seem to come from very knowledgeable people from various fields and backgrounds. Some posts are harder to understand why people say things without having some sort of information (even at least a gut feel at worst) that can add value to other readers in making a more informed decision as to the position they may like to take on a particular stock. There are many posts which deserved credit, but in due course I will let those people know

More importantly, I would mainly like to discuss GDN and AGY. There have been few times I have ever come across or got burnt by 2 stocks in my life as I have with GDN and AGY. As I am unknown to most I have no problems in disclosing some figures.
    Until I had included these stocks as part of my portfolio my various portfolios where sitting in the range of 55% to 85 % profit on a base with over a million dollars invested. I am more then happy with this, but have noted on other posts that there are quite a few punters doing some much better.
    In the same 6 weeks, on these two indescribable shares I have lost a total of 231K!! (Not to mention the massive sledge hammer of loses on top of this that the US economy is spewing out on the world and my portfolio)
    I wish I had spent more time reading some of the fantastic posts previously done on HC and perhaps I would have had a much more cautious approach to these stocks, and more round view of others. To add to these disappointing losses, my pride, pig headiness and perhaps my unwillingness to accept that these stocks will not return to at least their former levels or higher, so as to regain my lost funds, will see me suffer further loses.
    The reason for this is I have bought back into them after selling them off.
    Have I lost the plot? Have I made a further FU?

The market conditions that prevail at the moment, that seems as crazy as some of my decisions, should not be occurring due to issues that mainly affect the main global donkey, the US. Get on to metacafe and look at the George Bush video slip ups, just to understand the type of person that actually runs the US.
    To add further to this, it doesn’t help when there is silly panic selling and loss of faith occurring so rapidly by Australian investors and others that is sheepish and uncalled for. The Aussie share market should not being experiencing the setbacks/swings that occur daily, as the fundamentals and stages of the majority of the companies listed etc are more then sound, perhaps only requiring a slight adjustment in share price valuations. No need for the current situation to be occurring in my eyes, but perhaps you have a different spin on this?
    It is a difficult period for many as picked up in various posts, I am not the only one seriously concerned. There are times I like to stay up all night for enjoyment purposes, but staying up for the reasons listed above is a total head....ache.

With GDN, there have been some excellent technical evaluations/posts on the various topics including gas parameters, results, financials and understanding of the company’s strategy. However there is a way to may very hopeful situations to correct its share price demise. With out anything new coming into the equation, my remaining shares will become worthless and I perhaps historically, I will look back and view it as getting caught up in some over talk up speculative buy that had a major smoke and mirrors BS story going on? Perhaps this is uncalled for, but most posts do not show a similar thread that management have not dealt with issues in the best manner

AGY was the magical fairy tale that was to rise from the African wilderness and make a lot of people happy with this great story. Is that now over? Or did I end up catching some rare disease from there that makes me lose truck loads of money in a very fast way? There has got to be someone more charismatic or astute then me, that should be able to perhaps try and convince the Burundi government that the decision taken, is not in the best interest of the government, the country, its people, the mining industry and anyone associated with AGY? Shouldn’t this be a win win for all? Perhaps try what ever means is takes, that suits the level of negotiations or deals required to suit the situtaion/enviroment to prevent the long litigation course ahead for all?
    The other mine should also not be an issue, or is the progress of that also in the air? Doesn’t the share placement in its self lend its self to a higher share price then it is currently?
    To simplify it to a “face value” type of assessment, both of these companies future direction should be quite easy to project, not accepting anything new or wild was brought into each of the 2 current equations. On the basis of this, you would have to think the future outlook for both is not so positive!?
    Well done to anyone who has had a positive dealings or outcomes from these companies and the understanding/vision to know when, and when not to be involved to achieve themselves or their clients a favorable outcome. In the end, we all would like to achieve the same
    Unfortunately with these 2 companies I have been and still am, unable to establish if the original reasons (which seem to be harder and harder to recall) for investing heavily in these companies where just simply incorrect? Or the continued belief (or you may say stupidity!?)I am continuing to show by means of investment dollars in these companies will come good? Perhaps I have just read too much into it (and wrote too much!).At the end of the trading day, it's one of the possible outcomes of investing in speculative shares, in theses times and at this stage of global development.
    For those that have a better understanding of these companies then I do, is able to answer some of my questions(if possible)or anyone who has something to post, I look forward to reading your post and the time taken in responding.
    Good luck investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $117.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.4¢ 8.0¢ $79.25K 971.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 38145 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 42728 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.