BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Mining companies need mining permits from the Government but...

1. 1,378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    Mining companies need mining permits from the Government but also a Social Licence, which is done by Communication and Good Deeds with the Locals.
    You can see a number of companies have done this well. BDR has been poor on this in the past. It is a key point for Investors.
    Annual or Half Yearly report is a good place to look. Lets see (Apr 2015 - Annual Report):

"Community
    Beadell is fully committed to the social development
    of the surrounding communities of the Tucano Gold
    Mine. The Company has supported programs that take
    into account local needs and priorities. Beadell also
    provides numerous employment opportunities for the
    local community who fully support the mining activities
    at Tucano.
    The Company’s social projects are aligned with the
    “Eight Millennium Goals” established by the United
    Nations (UN) in 2000, which aims to mobilise countries
    to improve the quality of life of people. The Company’s
    main projects are:
    • Open Doors Program
    • Christmas’ Initiative
    • Water Planet Play
    • English Course
    • Recyclable Materials Workshop"

I'd have to say it's really light-on. You'd expect a lot better in this years annual report due in about 4 weeks.
    Not investing in BDR, or keeping exposure light, due to poor Social Licence for the Tucano Mine is completely rational.

I own stocks in a number of Gold Miners in these higher risk countries; AQG (Turkey), MML (Philippines), PRU (Ghana), RSG (Mali).
    You've got to go where the Gold is. I protect myself through diversification. They are all in different countries. Can't all go bad at the same time.
    Saying that, if one goes bad will negatively affect the stock price of the others, at least for a while. That's why I also own Gold Miners in Australia; IGO, SAR, SFR, SLR.
    And of course I own stocks in other sectors than just Gold to keep diversifying further.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.