FML 0.00% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

2.0, page-52

1. 732 Posts.
    Exactly Bobmoo, and so I ask this Forum again.

When there is so much uncertainty in where the price of gold is heading in the foreseeable future (up or down) why would anyone consider forking out for another acquisition, more preferable and business savvy than adopting a wait and see policy?

Remember, when pog was $1350 I said there was a very good possibility that it would drop to between $1100 - $1300 range, and I am quite sure many on here considered that to be a crazy statement, and yet it has already flirted with $1225 in just six days from then.
    Imagine if Shandong/Focus had used up the bulk of its remaining funds grandly trumpeting their latest million dollar acquisition 5 days ago.
    I am quite sure there would be many investors squirming in their seats right now.
    Some on here have said that it would be a brilliant move if the acquisition included working plant facilities within logistical parameters that would enable quicker processing and production at lower costs.(Barrick for instance)

Very true, but only if the pog makes those more streamlined production costs profitable!
    No amount of costs streamlining is any use if the pog is below $1100 is it, and can anyone here say hand on heart that it won't drop to that level or even lower right now?

Of course not!
    That can only leave you one option, which is you are prepared to GAMBLE.
    You are prepared to gamble millions on a hunch as to where the pog is heading, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, if those millions included your own life savings I guarantee the gamble would not look such a good idea.

What makes this whole "hasty acquisition before it's too late" idea even more nonsensical to me is that it is completely unnecessary.
    No Company is in a better position to watch this Global game unfold than Focus Minerals. They could sit tight for at least 2 or three years if this nonsense lasted that long, while still quietly proving up resources in anticipation of a much better and far more consistent pog.

Focus Minerals was hell bent on trying to become one of the top five gold producers by laying acquisitions against an ever increasing pog and it almost cost them their survival.

Why the clamour for the same gamble when their new finances affords them so much time and sensible patient thinking?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 112284 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 14055 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.