AMP 1.32% $1.15 amp limited

$2.00 party 1st July, page-41

1. 2,328 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    I think;
    • About $50m-$100m underlying profit for the second half of 2020 and possibly a net loss for this half
    • Class actions will be strung along for years by AMP and AMP will settle them on the steps of the courthouse before they have to be aired publically
    • The breakup and sale process will probably stall because there are no serious bidders for anything other than AMP Capital
    • If the breakup stalls then the "rebuilding" strategy will probably continue at a glacial pace
    • Profit will continue to slide and should bottom out at around $150-$200m underlying profit after which they might start to regrow
    • I cannot see new clients entering AMP too willingly so I wouldn't be surprised to see some rebranding of the various divisions
    • ASIC will probs keep putting pressure on AMP whilst not proceeding to full criminal or civil action (if they haven't done it by now they probably never will
    • Advisers and clients will keep running for the door
    • The business does have upside potential but for whatever reasons AMP board and management dont seem to be leveraging that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.