TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

This company's year end is July so they have another month...

1. 453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    This company's year end is July so they have another month before they have to report!! As the thread states the decline was set in when the company, at its FY2010 result release, gave FY2012 guidance which in essence matched their annualised run rate post the Pipe Networks acquisition. This coupled with TLS's stated intention to spend big regaining market share, also lowering the price of their plans, signalled to me that this market has shifted to a new phase. What was a vibrantly growing market as broadband subscribers climbed Australia wide, i.e. total market growth, has become a more mature market with a battle for market share. The combatents are using lower prices to lure market share gains. To me this is no good for anyone, as the 12-24 month contract regime will see the total income of all market participants decline over the next 24 months as their subscriber books are repriced to current market. So perhaps as shareholders we are now betting on who has gained more market share in a declining revenue market - not a great game for shareholders. I have done well over the past 3 years in this sector but am increasingly turning off the sector. We need to find growth markets, perhaps mining services, for greener fields.

I have held and sold, IIN, AMM, TLS. this is my last sector participant that I still have a holding in (albeit much reduced) because of all of them Teo is the lowest cost competitor, and he has acquired with Pipe Netorks (also with SOT) some serious infrastructure assets with which he can continue to control costs. I also believe that his guidance was very conservative and am hopeful that he will surprise on the upside.

good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.