TLS 0.00% $3.89 telstra group limited

why buy telstra??? honestly georgie it gives me no pleasure in...

1. 680 Posts.
    why buy telstra??? honestly georgie it gives me no pleasure in saying, it's because there is money to be made.....like all stocks it dips and rises....you just got to time the market....and at present levels it has a 10% buffer built in...

ie I am averaging 2.72 but have the luxury of sitting it out for a year and if it drops to 2.44 this time next year I have broken even....if the nbn pays out 11bill I make a very nice profit....downside minimal/non-existant....upside significant...$1 per share perhaps???...worst case looking to break even....of course no one is in the game to break even (opportunity cost etc) but at tax time it's the pluses and minus that drive the tax return....

so if you think the chance of up is greater than chance of down then it's a good buy....

as i say, I ain't gloating because many retailers have been cooked on telstra....all I'd recommend is that people consider most "blue chips" over a similar period and very few are higher today than they were 3 years ago....timing is everything....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.89
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.83B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.89 $3.86 $11.57M 2.985M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
71 339282 $3.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.89 664441 66
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.52pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.