SIR 0.00% $2.52 sirius resources nl

Hi PeaceAkk I also read this news and its very positive for SIR...

1. 4,331 Posts.
    Hi PeaceAkk

I also read this news and its very positive for SIR having nickel mines closing, what its doing is shutting down supply and is the reason its helping the price of nickel to rise, Cosmos is not anywhere near Nova being almost in the middle of WA and Nova being a stone throw from the port of Esperance, SIR has the luxury of being the developer with only costs being drilling and staff. It would be at best 18 months before SIR could start producing giving Nickel a chance to recover as others are closing. I think that only one section of Cosmos closed with another mine still producing.

The low nickel price will shut down all high cost producers agian taking away supply putting upward pressure on the metal.

I think that SIR is sitting in the box seat having the luxury of time up their sleeve to see where the price goes.

The price of the metal will ultimately decide what happens to all explorers/miners and everything goes in cycles, nickel has been in a multi year low and could very well be starting a recovery.

The last great nickel story was Jubilee which was taken over for $23b from xstrata, jubilee got th ebest deal ever selling for $23 per share or $3.2b, Xstrata got the worst deal buying the asset right at the top of the nickel price which was around $52,000 per tonne.

Timing is everything as we can see with Jubilee being in the right place at the right time, with a little luck timing might just be on our side with nickel taking a nice recovery.... It will all depend on price and timing of nickel..

Fingers crossed

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.