The game you are referring to is the 1990 FA Cup final (my 1st...

1. 3,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    The game you are referring to is the 1990 FA Cup final (my 1st in Australia) which finished 3-3 and Lee Martin scored to win the replay 1-0. What is interesting about that game is that Ferguson would have been sacked had they not won, because after 3.5 years in charge he had not won anything. Has admitted to this himself. It took him 6.5 years to win the league. Gives support to the notion that managers today are not given nearly enough time to turn a club around or bring in the silverware. Most only get 1 season at best. Even Grant is going to be replaced despite nearly winning 3 trophies in his first season in charge.

Having said all that though if liverpool don't win the league next season then Benitez must go!! The difference is, and I hate to admit it, ferguson has always tried to play attractive football. Since Houllier came in Liverpool have not, so it is harder to accept not winning the league!! Last chance Benitez and I don't care about winning big ears I want the league (our "bread and butter").

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.