mowibble- just watched GOAL the other day on HK's version of...

1. 709 Posts.
    mowibble- just watched GOAL the other day on HK's version of Foxtel. Not bad, even if it was based up on Tyneside.

EnglFC- at least you are realistic about it, I have friends who still act as if Liverpool are the best in the world. I recognise they have this affinity for Europe that manages to get them out of trouble, take this year for example, played 3-4 group games, in 3rd place, 6 pts or something off qualifying and yet they manage to be minutes from another CL Final at the expense of Chelsea away.In the league however, pfft, they need to sure up the defense and get another quality midfielder and striker. The one they should get rid of is Veronin instead of baging on about Crouchy. Veronin is pox and dresses like some Eastern Europe chavster.

I agree with your managerial sentiments but the Sammy Lee situation was a bit of a joke. He is a poor manager IMO with little concept of tactics and adaptation to the game unfolding before him, much like Grant.

Just read that Kenyon is unhappy with their results this season. I despise that judas especially considering he is actually an astute individual in his trade yet acts like the Kremlin puppet he has been bought into. When you hire unqualified managers you get under achieving performances. Southgate has done little to change Middlesborough's situation, still play boring football, middle of the road team yet have open chequebook every summer thx for chairman Gibson and guess what, he too did not have his badges until a few years ago.Won't mention Paul Jewell, I think the following say it all off hand that is:
    - managed the worst team in the Premier League
    - set the lowest points and win record
    - had the worst win-loss, goals scored-conceded total across ALL divisions in England
    - recorded the largest number of heaviest Premier League defeats in one season.... and finally as a reward
    - chopped someone on the side as stress relief and ended up having it splashed across the papers ruining his marriage, rough season I say.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.