ZFX zinifex limited

2 days to go, page-28

1. 57 Posts.
    I rang ComputerShare 2 days ago to get the truth about the X-Div date / record date and all I got is total RUBBISH. I recorded the chat too (since they announce possibility of recorded phone calls). They are hopeless.

The operator (male) tells me that if you sell after X-date, and purchasor settles (ie T+3) prior to the Record date but marked as X-Div purchase then (get this) NO ONE GETS THE DIVIDEND (ie it just vanishes into thin air for the shares you sold).

I tried to tell the operator (front line staff) that where a physical paper deed for stock exists there is an enforcable contract to collect the dividend. Unless that paper is destroyed or closed out via the provisions of the Corporations Act 2001 there is an enforcable contract for some party to collect the dividend.

When I asked him who that person was (contract for dividend) with the above scenario, he said I was wrong and that no one would get the dividend for the shares I had sold after XDiv but prior to record date.

His authority for this proposition was his supervisor, who had told him this is the legal situation and pass it on to the client.

It's was all recorded, and I might give ZFX a copy so they can see how their registry provider is performing.

Aside from this event. THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IS THE XDiv DATE.

The record date is for ISSUER SPONSORED HOLDERS who (perhaps) may perform off-market sales to transfer to a new registered holder.

CHESS = XDiv
    ISSUER = Record

Pure and simple. and EVERYONE GETS THE DIVIDEND (they can't just vanish as the guy from ComputerShare would like me to believe).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.