CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

2 million seller at 9 cents on the close..., page-7

1. 20 Posts.
    Thanks reggiemiller,

Lot of interesting thoughts.

Agree with what you say about cycles - hopefully we're near the bottom of the downturn now that the irrational fear has set in. Also, everyone is talking about it (the taxi driver test) and it's becoming a political issue - all signs of an end of cycle.

Thanks for the tip about what to read - I read a number of things, SMH was one of them. Had noticed SMH prints it's fair share of negative articles and there's one guy in particular, someone West who sees much gloom and doom.

Normally I would trade an up trend using a weekly chart (a sort of slow investing/trading approach). Currently there's no up trend so I need to adopt a different approach. I'm basically looking to buy as much as I can that's undervalued and hang on for a couple of years and see where it stands.

I don't have a lot of experience at picking companies to buy in a market crash. Certainly CER is one that I'm interested in (along with other property trusts (GPT, SGP, MGR, IEF, PBD, RNY, MCW, MOF...) and the four big banks - devalued dividend payers with much rebound potential).

I'm conscious that wealth can be created in bad times if one has the confidence to act in a planned and sensible way. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Reason I'm interested in CER is that I agree with the comments you make, it looks fundamentally sold and it's tempting to invest more. Currently I only have about $10,000 in CER out of several hundred thousand dollars. It's a realtively small percetage. Trying to work out if I should free up money and put more into CER. The potential gains could impressive. Opinions vary, but people say it could rebound to 60c, $1, $2? Depends on many factors I suppose, but if recovery could mean 6 times, or 10 times or 20 times investment then there is massive potential there.

Easy to let one's imagination run a little, in theory, if held say $50,000 of CER shares (at 10cps) and they recovered to say $1 in a couple of years, you're looking at $500,000. That's would be enough to make a serious difference to most people's lives.

Thanks again for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Regards, Ilori

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.