FAR 2.91% 50.0¢ far limited

This article looks positive to me. Cairn Energy To Plug SNE-1...

1. 211 Posts.
    This article looks positive to me.

Cairn Energy To Plug SNE-1 Well In Senegal Until Appraisal Next Year

LONDON (Alliance News) - Cairn Energy PLC Wednesday said it has found oil in the upper formation of the SNE-1 well in Senegal after completing operations with its joint venture partner and said it is preparing to appraise the discovery next year.

Although a discovery was made in the upper clastic target, the company said no hydrocarbons were discovered in the deeper target and said the well will be plugged and abandoned after logging operations have been completed until it is ready for appraisal.

The results of the SNE-1 well will be used to determine follow up drilling locations to define the extent of oil in the area during 2015.

The preliminary estimate for the contingent resource for the SNE-1 well ranges from 150 million barrels of oil to 670 million barrels of oil.

Cairn has a 40% working interest in the well, with ConocoPhillips holding a 35% working interest and Petrosen, the national oil company of Senegal holding the remaining 10%.

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/new...ell-in-senegal-until-appraisal-next-year.aspx

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 52.5¢ 50.0¢ $45.91K 88.73K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5993 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 5982 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.08pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.