ZIP 10.3% $1.45 zip co limited..

While things may not appear "exciting" at the moment, I think...

1. 251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    While things may not appear "exciting" at the moment, I think that is a good thing - I want Zip to continue growing sustainably.

The share price has been largely flat over the last month as there is some consolidation, before we get ready to continue the journey upwards.

Zip has been smashing the revenue growth each quarter, and I think we have a lot more growth coming over the next 24 months - continued rollout of the new products (Zip Plus, Pay in 8, Physical Card).

Interest rates will almost certainly be cut/reduced in both Australia and US over the next 12 months, which is a significant benefit to Zip - lower interest rate costs means more profit, as well as stronger consumers which means more consumer spending due to increased discretionary income as well as reduced bad debts. Zip has done amazingly well over the last couple years to maintain/increase its margins and revenues given the macroeconomic environment, and this will reap significant benefits as their margin skyrockets with the looming interest rate cuts.

I know there are complaints about Zip's lack of customer growth, but I think this is the wrong thing to be focusing on. Revenue should be the sole focus in my opinion. And Zip still has a very high number of customers - more than the vast majority of regional banks in Australia, so even if they merely maintain customer numbers they have plenty of revenue growth they can extract.

Also, I think the Google Partnership will start showing results in the next 12 months as people get more brand exposure to Zip via that platform. Hopefully it leads to additional customers etc as well, but for now I'm happy with it being a good advertisement for Zip/increasing its legitimacy and brand awareness with customers.

I also maintain that Zip is an excellent takeover target - I don't want them to be taken over just yet because I still think Zip is vastly undervalued, and that we could get a better offer later (e.g. closer to $3). But I have no doubt that Zip would make an excellent purchase for an Australian bank, or a BNPL company like Affirm or Klarna that will undoubtedly want a strong Australian presence in the future.

Looking forward to seeing what happens!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
0.135(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $1.633B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.33 $1.46 $1.30 $29.57M 21.35M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11630 $1.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.46 92904 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.45
  Change
0.135 ( 9.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.32 $1.46 $1.30 6943845
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.