ZIP 2.34% $1.46 zip co limited..

Great news for Zip regarding Laybuy closing in my opinion - the...

1. 270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 305
    Great news for Zip regarding Laybuy closing in my opinion - the regulation being implemented in Australia is a great moat/barrier to entry for other companies in my opinion. Small BNPL companies can't survive with the regulation, and with the cost of borrowing etc at the moment. Zip pivoted extremely well to navigate the macroeconomic environment and is rewarded by being one of the few remaining standing in this space.

Apple leaving makes sense as well for similar reasons regarding regulation - which is good for Zip. But the huge perk for Zip is Apple deciding to allow third party BNPLs to operate through Apple Pay. Not sure how that implementation will work exactly, but will be great news for Zip I think.

I have no concerns at all regarding all this 4% surcharge nonsense that people are talking about. Businesses aren't stupid - if they can get additional sales through BNPL they will simply be building this price into their products. It looks tacky to add surcharges and I'm sure both the business and the customer knows that. Very few businesses charge credit card surcharges either for the same reason - better to integrate it into your total price.

AMEX charges something like 3.5% surcharge I believe, and still manages to be a thriving business. So even if RBA enable businesses to pass on a 4% surcharge I don't see it making much difference.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.46
Change
-0.035(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.644B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.54 $1.45 $19.96M 13.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 104211 $1.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.47 50000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.