ZIP 1.93% $1.78 zip co limited..

$2 PARTY, page-9616

1. 8,857 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1084
    They absolutely can do. In Gamestop's case they issued a Prospectus on May 17, for the sale of 45 mil Common Stock at par value 1/10 of a cent. The listed share price around the time of the prospectus was $27.67, ranging from $10 to $48.75 with daily volume between 1.7 and 206 mil shares - all over the place. They sold the shares with the intent to use the funds for 'general corporate purposes' which could include acquisitions and investments and they immediately issued anothet prospectus on June 7 for another 75 mil shares which is underway. Depending on pricing they could end up with $4 billion - $5 billion cash.

I think they are in a fairly unique position, having a very large and loyal retail following headed by Roaring Kitty, but there is no law against it as long as they make themselves accountable to their shareholders and the exchange. It looks as though they may sell the Gamestop business which burns half a billion per year and then they will have a mountain of cash, no use for it and will have to find a way to invest it. They have a fairy godmother.

Donald Trump's Truth Social, which had $3.3 mil advertising income and a net loss of $49 mil, merged with Digital World, which simply had $300 mil cash, no business, nothing. Same same but different.

In ZIPs case they could (and I reckon they will) raise capital to pay out that inefficient overdraft for instance, but they could also raise money to replace the $2.5 bil loan book as you say, or to raise working capital to have a red hot crack at the US market (it would be very expensive) or any other purpose - as long as they can explain it to the market enough that it gets the confidence for investors to tip in. But I reckon they might have trouble duplicating some of the shenanigans in the US lol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.78
Change
-0.035(1.93%)
Mkt cap ! $2.246B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.81 $1.81 $1.74 $30.57M 17.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 110725 $1.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.78 29116 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.