Fair call. Although plenty of posters seem to be looking for...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Fair call. Although plenty of posters seem to be looking for facts, not just opinions, which I find a bit scary.

Don't forget too that 1) plenty of smsf's have had negative returns and 2) plenty of non-smsf funds have been positive returns too, if they have been in cash or taken advantage of the post-gfc upswing.

Either way, it's about taking in interest and taking some action (either oneself or with assistance, research, advice or forum posts).

Anyone with a super fund (retail/wholesale/industry/smsf) should have more than 1 investment option available to them, the question I often raise is whether they have exercised that option or just accepted the media quotes "Super has had a great year" or "Super has had a bad year" etc, which generalises about generally a 'Balanced' or default portfolio (which has a huge range of variations.
    Interestingly, I think about 75% of Industry Fund accounts are in a default option and about 30% for 'retail' fund accounts. Obviously many non-industry fund members are exercising some choice.
    From memory, I don;t think licensed advisers can post in that capacity, only as individuals, but that's from memory...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.