2 rate hikes, not just 1, page-40

1. 9,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Pwinne isn't dylan83's story a bit different to your family?

I may have the story wrong but he's not speculating on a crash but is in a position where the family home is to small and decreasing in price due to outside influences so is gunna board with family and save a bigger deposit to buy [not speculate] on a more appropriate home for the future ?

Just to add confusion and don't listen to me but I wonder if renting out the current house and living with family and waiting for prices to recover could be a punt as others have mentioned . The risk would be the house falls further in value while the one he wants goes up in price , that would suck .

While I'm woffling a mate of mine sold his house when he heard the housing commision had bought many blocks near his house so sold up and bought the same suburb but a different section . I actually bought near where he sold and I saw the risks but the house was what i wanted at the time as it was an upgrade for me in a better neighbourhood .
    I think my saving grace was buying in a court and not on the entrance or exit roads of the estate which were half H/Commish .
    My mistake was not keeping the older house when I could of afforded to have both . The other biggest financial mistake I made was not buying in Kew in the recession . I wanted the quieter and cheaper lifestyle in the outer burbs so no regrets with the choice but a couple of mill would be handy now .lol

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.