MSB 10.4% $1.49 mesoblast limited

2 Thumbs Up for Mesoblast

1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3645
    There is a fella who goes by "Wall Street Titan" who writes on Athersys for the site SeekingAlpha.
    He has been by far the biggest pumper for Athersys and claims to be a major long term shareholder. He has written many articles on Athersys over the years. Years ago, when I used to hold Athersys' shares (I no longer do), I used to read his bombastic share price projections about Athersys on how it would be a 40-50 bagger, etc.
    He does charge a hefty subscription fee for his "Premium Service" (no, I never subscribed to it).
    He has 1667 followers on Seeking Alpha as of today and this is his bio on that website:
    "Spent my entire 28 year career on Wall Street with over a decade at Bear Stearns. Over the past decade, I have gained a significant amount of knowledge regarding the stem cell and regenerative medicine sector. My premium service covers this long out of favor but exciting area."

As you can see, pretty good, savvy financial Wall Street smart guy.
    All these years of reading his various articles, I never saw him say anything positive about Mesoblast, but just a few hours ago, he surprised me by writing the following in his latest article on SeekingAlpha. I quote text here and a link below to his article (bold and/or colored emphasis is mine):

"Quick Take on Mesoblast

First observation about Mesoblast is that they know how to execute. They have been very successful informing global partnerships, obtaining and enforcing intellectual property and have moved at rapid speed on COVID-19 ARDS. Before March 10th, they had no program on ARDS but they leveragedpost-hoc data on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Study to move at lightning speed that lead to the first announcement of a Phase II/III trial on COVID-19 induced ARDS."

"The company has more than one cell type in its pipeline but is using an MSC therapy calledRYONCIL™ (remestemcel-L) for COVID-19 ARDS. Many investors may not be aware that this MSC drug candidate was acquired from Osiris Therapeutics afterit failed in an adult GvHD program that resulted in the abandonment of the stem cell business by Osiris. Speculation for the failure is that over expansion of MSCs during manufacturing for allogeneic human trials versus methods used in pre-clinical studies may have played a role. However, Mesoblast did present excellent data on a Phase III trial forpediatric GvHD andapproval from the FDA is expected. A valid question to ask is why did remestemcel-L succeed pediatric GvHD yet fail in adults in the Osiris studies? Mesoblast was successfulin gaining approval for GvHD in Japan through its licensee in Japan, JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd."
    "With regard to COVID-19 compassionate use data, Mesoblast results looked impressive"
    "No one can criticize the progress that Mesoblast has made over the last few years
    and its expediency in going from nowhere in ARDS to starting a COVID-19 induced ARDS was remarkable"

This is a huge "2 thumbs up" for Mesoblast from a seasoned Wall Street veteran (Bear Stearns) and Athersys' biggest pumpers.
    Perhaps some of the veteran Mesoblast holders on Hotcopper could counter his allegation that Osiris had a failure in the adult GvHD program (which I think Wall Street Titan is taking a cheap, irrelevant shot at, kinda like clutching at straws), since I don't know the Mesoblast history that well, going back to the Osiris days.

Here's the link to Wall Street Titan's article:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4344143-5-stem-cell-companies-racing-towards-covidminus-19-ards-therapy

Last edited by The Yankee: 08/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.