FAR 0.98% 50.5¢ far limited

Surely it is time to move on from this repetitive thread. Every...

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

Surely it is time to move on from this repetitive thread. Every angle has surely been covered and we will all go bonkers if it continues for the next six months . I think it will be at least that long before we get a hint from next weeks arbitration.
    Even if the parties get an idea of the strength of one argument the parties will want clear air to plan their response. And the rules of confidentiality are clear.
    I would like to suggest we talk about the value we already have and the shareholder value that we can expect over the next 12 months. My base case has always been that Arbitration is worth nothing until proven wrong.
    Along those lines I was rather happy to read a new multi page company analysis from Peter Arden of Bell Potter this week where he increases his valuation of FAR while attributing no value to “PE”
    I am not going to post his analysis for which I pay good money however he continues to value SNE at the value that is regularly reported in these pages as their value for FAR
    After SAMO BP wrote down their valuation of Gambia dramatically as did I but they have now lifted it to higher than it was before SAMO was drilled.
    To my ear Peter is palpably excited by the prospect of Gambia again. There is nothing new in my quote below but I I think you can get a hint or am I just making it up. Thanks Cudo, you do not have to say it I know what you think.
    ”The main target horizons at the Samo Prospect were water-bearing with a breached seal and they were structurally lower, indicating they are not part of the nearby SNE field (as was considered a strong possibility prior to the drilling) but are a separate culmination from the SNE field. More particularly, analysis showed that there was significant oil in the area that wasn’t trapped at Samo but is likely to have been trapped nearby up dip where thick seal is developed. FAR’s analysis of the potential in the rest of the A2/A5 permits indicates there is greater prospectivity there now than when FAR first entered the permit (i.e. before the drilling of Samo).”
    Wouldn’t it be nice if all those oil industry types who contributed so much to this site before the baiters and Arbitration came along could burrow down into the data and fill our lives with hope again. I would love a reason to read these threads other than habit

MMM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.