AGY 5.56% 3.8¢ argosy minerals limited

I'm quite impressed with the lithium titanate battery. Some...

1. 2,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1265
    I'm quite impressed with the lithium titanate battery. Some bullet points........

Lithium Titanate batteries' benefits range from long lifetime to enhanced safety, low-temperature performance.
    It's able to obtain up to 80% of its full capacity at a mere -30°C.
    Entirely free of carbon to avoid thermal runaway or overheating which is a main cause of fires in traditional energy storage systems.
    The recharge efficiency exceeds 98%, a record-breaking advancement in the field of renewable energy.
    From that lightning GT model......The standard battery specification includes two 22 kWh Altairnano lithium-titanate battery pack 'strings' which will take about ten minutes to recharge, assuming the amount of power required is available. The 9 kW standard onboard charger can fully recharge the batteries in five hours from a dedicated wired socket ( 32amp). An optional onboard charger connected to a suitable dedicated domestic power source can recharge the car from zero in 2.5 hours.

What else do we want in battery if we had a purpose made high amp power source to recharge????

Personally I think lithium has now been accepted as mainstream for the next 10+yrs and like oil once $$$ has been poured into the commodity they will just keep improving it. R&D investment will continue rolling in big time into Li technology and mass production should enhance natural improvement through lessons from actual application and refinement.

Crikey I'm glad I got onboard early enough with this one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.