AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

$20 IN 2022 Party Thread, page-77

1. 1,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 648
    Nice jump today in the share price, smashing through resistance despite the directors selling large volumes recently for tax liabilities etc which just shows how much depth there is on the buy side. It’s great when the lithium stocks can single-handedly create 5 figure profits in a day, but they can certainly be volatile so I try not to look every day, rather more once a week or so.

we have been talking about the $20 party on various threads since it hit $10 and telling holders not to sell any as the full value hasn’t yet been realised.

plenty more catalysts for cashflow growth as the various projects (olaroz 2, sdv 1 and naraha) hit commissioning and ramp up over the next few quarters.

the market and expert commentators all seem to have consensus that prices will stay elevated for several years, so we are in a purple patch with great timing for the new projects to be coming on line.

having been purchasing and mostly holding since $3 I can’t bring myself to sell any yet especially while the momentum is so good and we are making new all time highs, but will have to lock in some profit and take some chips off the table at $20. Even if if keeps pushing higher, I will sleep better having recouped the original investment at average $3-4 and then can be more relaxed about letting the rest of the shares run for a while longer.

i do think there will be a point in 6 months or so where perhaps the prolonged insane prices will stimulate enough extra spod and brine to come online to balance demand more closely and global recession may cause some EV buyers to hold off and slow EV unit growth.

but I certainly wouldn’t be selling all my AKE or SQM anytime in the next couple years, will keep the majority for the 5 year horizon.

anyway we’ll done to the many patient ore/ gxy and now AKE holders who have held tight through universal negative talk by most analysts regarding lithium stocks and particular regarding ore where most analysts love trashing it and even prefer speccys like liontown etc that aren’t even producing near term…

well done for doing your fundamental research and having conviction to hold through the noise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.