AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

20 trillion oil in sa, page-3

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    Probably none. I remember Linc Energy is run by a master spruiker Peter Bond and although its likely they have found something valuable even the company is shying away from that 20 trillion figure. The resource is in the lowest category of certainty and the extraction costs are likely to be high as are the environmental costs(sounds like a fracathon to me).
    Also liquid fuel is part of a major international export market, if and when in many years time oil is produced from this S.A resource it will not necessarily drive fuel costs lower here or elsewhere (as its part of an international market) and anyway its many years from potential production.
    But investors are understandably excited at LNC however the SP pullback on Friday showed they even they have their doubts about the size of this strike. I very much doubt they have just discovered another "Saudi" put it that way. And even the Arabs are investing in renuables and cleaner fuels. For me cleaner fuels and renuables are where we will see major growth in years to come not in dirtier dearer paths like shale oil or tar sands, though where there is a buck people will always try to promote a product regardless of environmental consequences. Regardless of ones views on climate change we all have an interest in cleaner air so cleaner fuels should always be supported ahead of dirtier alternatives IMO. Even if its only to lower our own chances of various cancers, but for me there are also several other reasons to support cleaner fuels and renuables

Tretch

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.