FML 3.70% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

Hi All,Thanks to tailspin for catching the 200,000 Oz...

1. 875 Posts.
    Hi All,

Thanks to tailspin for catching the 200,000 Oz significance in the annual report and paul, reiner, alba , fitnfam and others for their take on proceedings. Started a new thread guys as the other was getting rather long.

Personally, i saw it and didn't think twice about it.

So, based on the forum feedback, i have wasted some time looking at the 2 scenario's mentioned. Anyway, it's fun to speculate and share. Whichever is right, or perhaps neither, then it doesn't really matter as this is food for thought and my contribution to the discussion.

General Notes:
    1. FY12 Q1 = Sep 2011 quarter
    2. FY12 Q2 = Dec 2011 quarter - forecast based on history (and guesstimates)
    3. Graph 1 is just a general graph showing month by month production in total, and Tindals contribution.
    4. Graph 2 = Scenario 1
    5. Graph 3 = Scenario 2

The 2 scenario's

Scenario 1 - 200,000 Oz in Ann refers to "overall production". This means Sep Qtr will be around 19,016 Oz in total.
    Scenario 2 - 200,000 Oz in Ann refers to "Tindals alone". This means Sep qtr production may be as high as 36,950 Oz.

I don't know which is right, hopefully Scenario 2. Would be a record quarter.

Some other notes:

Scenario 1 - if this occurs, means Dec Qtr would need to be > 44,000 Oz to reach 100,000 Oz for 2010. Would also mean Tindals annual average production sitting at about 63,000 Oz versus a forecast of 85,000 Oz.

Scenario 2 - if this occurs, means Dec Qtr production at say 32,000 Oz would take us to around 105,000 Oz for the year. This also puts Tindals average for 2010 at a target of around 86,000 Oz - very close to the original forecast. This scenario however, points to only 3,102 Oz from other than Tindals which is highly unlikely given forecasts for the Mount.

So, i am not saying either is right, just ran some numbers to see what popped out. Both are theoretically conceivable (especially with higher grade through the Mill), yet if Scenario 1 happens, there will be some unhappy campers in here - including me...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.