SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Have seen it mentioned on other forums that the characteristics...

1. 734 Posts.
    Have seen it mentioned on other forums that the characteristics to date of SOAII is similar to what is being or been drilled in the Wattenburg field and the Permian basin.

Without taking that as a given i've looked into this further for research, of interest i have also attached the Oil and Gas Base Map of Wattenberg Field and the surrounds with an outline of the Precambrian rocks to the West of the Field.

Note in the link below open the 'map text' and watch the entire map playout. Concentration is notably very dense

http://inside.mines.edu/~mspann/Completed/Spring06/Wattenburg/Pages/Requirements1.htm

Whilst ssn may/maynot be onto another extensive oil field, its clearly evident that sustantial resevoirs exist alongside these areas and as ssn is drilling down to the Precambrian Basement in Goshen County to the Pennsylvanian sections, oil presence below in the Penn trap is very highly possible as these traps are productive in northern sections of the DJ Basin.

For the record

Permian and Pennsylvanian age targets that have proved productive in northern portions of the DJ Basin in Nebraska include the Wolfcampian Admire “C” interval and the Wykert sandstone (Council Grove Group). The best analog to the conventional targets at Hawk Springs is probably the Kleinholz Field in Kimball County, Nebraska to the southeast of Goshen County, Wyoming, across the Nebraska-Wyoming border (AAPG Bulletin - Permian (Wolfcampian) Admire “C”

New Exploratory Potential in the Northern Denver Basin, December 1998). Wells in the Kleinholz Field produce primarily from the Wykert sandstone of the Permian
    Council Grove Group and several carbonate zones in the Permian Admire Group also are productive.

The Kleinholz Field is estimated to have reserves of 6.25 MMBO with an average EUR of 216 MBOE per well. If the Admire and Leonard/Wolfcamp formations are commercially productive, it provides Samson with enhanced value from having more than one oil field within its leasehold.

This is one of the benefits when operating in a prolific multi-stacked pay province like the DJ Basin.

So we have another 674' to drill down into potentially another reservoir.

With regards to the Wattenburg oil field admittedly this is south on the Colorado border so i looked further into vertical well discoveries closer to Goshen County which revealed

"The Salt Creek Oil Field", albeit early 20th century oil was discovered the conventional way back then.

History - The oil field surrounds the town of Midwest in Natrona County, Wyoming, approx 64 km nth of Casper, was at one time in the early 20th century the largest light crude oil field in the world. It was historically one of the most important petroleum deposits in Wyoming. The field was discovered in the 1880s. The main well in the Salt Creek Field was drilled in October 1908 at the Dutch no. 1 location. The well initially produced 150 barrels (24 m³) per day.
    In subsequent years, the field was extensively developed and the field became famous for its many gushers.

Early days i know, though well worth the wait in light of developments in WY not to mention ND & MT

- a firm LT hold for me.

GLTA
    R

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.