200 military aircraft left in Afghanistan- bigger air force than Spain..., page-106

1. 10,833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37

"but as you suggest the modern politically motivated Taliban came out of Pakistan using the name and its associations to create a certain brand. "

not my personal suggestion as it comes from the reference I noted......and backed up by other publications

and keep in mind that the "branding" was not accidental.......it was specifically chosen because there was an existing, cultural connection

"as to my point - well you had challenged the commentary that Churchill had written about the talib (“an” simply being the plural suffix). "

the "talib" is mentioned ONCE....and I did not challenge what Churchill wrote......I challenged the interpretation that it refers to the Taliban

"So I provided you the extract. It might have been instructive for you to read the whole thing though"

I have......in fact, I provided a link to the entire book, which I read a long time ago......here it is again just for reference: https://gutenberg.org/files/9404/9404-h/9404-h.htm

I had an old friend who backpacked through Afghanistan in the 60's, when he was 20, and he told me of his adventures and shared a lot of photos. That got me interested in reading up on the place and its history. I was....still am....envious of him seeing the place as it was then.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.