CSL 0.78% $293.00 csl limited

When the crash hit around march last year I re-mortgaged our...

1. 530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    When the crash hit around march last year I re-mortgaged our house. I did manage to spend a small part of the loan on shares, but I wasn't fast enough to benefit much. The last year or so I have been paying back that small loan and after it was paid back, simply saving much of my own and my wife's income.

Earlier in the year I bought some IVV and VGS, both are up about 15% because of the fall in the AUD and the continued rise in the SP 500. It felt hard to identify options back then, but I rolled some cash out of companies I perceived to be risker to buy these two index funds. At the moment only the names that I hold that don't have huge capital gains liabilities look ok value - SYD, AIA, AMC, WPL, RHC - though all of these have their warts. Perhaps if you are really clever in the smaller end of the market there might be something, which is why I put the question out to madamswer.

I think it is time furiously and get ready for the when the market becomes volatile again. Our portfolio, which is the bulk of our wealth since it includes our super, will just have to do whatever the market does. Much of this stuff would make sense to sell gradually in retirement when I am not earning an income. Hopefully I can retire before the preservation age.

CSL doesn't look particularly expensive. Though I think I would rather buy something on the NASDAQ that has a similar PE but growth of 20% p.a., instead of 10% p.a.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$293.00
Change
2.260(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $141.5B
Open High Low Value Volume
$294.00 $294.75 $290.82 $491.6M 1.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8192 $292.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$293.06 12368 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.