MQG 0.43% $204.69 macquarie group limited

$200 Party, page-146

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 84
    With the benefit of hindsight everyone is an expert. If you believe in a company and the track record has proved itself why not take the Warren Buffett approach - hold it FOREVER. MQG is one of those stocks.

It is essentially one big Private Equity vehicle - it cannot NOT be successful over the longer term. The staff are remunerated to make deals and hence profits - the more deals and profit a staff member can make the bigger his/her bonus - the model aligns staff and shareholders ABSOLUTELY - no ifs or buts!!.

You have 16,000 staff - essentially entrepreneurs looking for the next deal. The biggest asset MQG has is the ability to "pivot" at certain points in history:
    * it pivotted into infrastructure in the late 1990s when no one heard of the term - it set up funds to hold Sydney motorways and the Airport
    * it pivotted into annuity businesses like Funds management and banking after the GFC as deal making dried up
    * it pivotted into offshore markets since 2010 when the Aussie market was looking mature - they bought Delaware in the US as an example
    * it is now pivotting into the Green/Environmental area - with the world demanding more assets in this space.

You get the story - they will continue to "pivot" and enter new markets where they see a fit.

I know how they work - I worked there for 16 years and have been a shareholder since Feb 2000.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$204.69
Change
0.880(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $78.38B
Open High Low Value Volume
$205.91 $207.57 $204.01 $167.1M 819.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $204.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$204.69 8739 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.