MQG 0.43% $204.69 macquarie group limited

With the benefit of hindsight everyone is an expert. If you...

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 84
    With the benefit of hindsight everyone is an expert. If you believe in a company and the track record has proved itself why not take the Warren Buffett approach - hold it FOREVER. MQG is one of those stocks.

It is essentially one big Private Equity vehicle - it cannot NOT be successful over the longer term. The staff are remunerated to make deals and hence profits - the more deals and profit a staff member can make the bigger his/her bonus - the model aligns staff and shareholders ABSOLUTELY - no ifs or buts!!.

You have 16,000 staff - essentially entrepreneurs looking for the next deal. The biggest asset MQG has is the ability to "pivot" at certain points in history:
    * it pivotted into infrastructure in the late 1990s when no one heard of the term - it set up funds to hold Sydney motorways and the Airport
    * it pivotted into annuity businesses like Funds management and banking after the GFC as deal making dried up
    * it pivotted into offshore markets since 2010 when the Aussie market was looking mature - they bought Delaware in the US as an example
    * it is now pivotting into the Green/Environmental area - with the world demanding more assets in this space.

You get the story - they will continue to "pivot" and enter new markets where they see a fit.

I know how they work - I worked there for 16 years and have been a shareholder since Feb 2000.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$204.69
Change
0.880(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $78.38B
Open High Low Value Volume
$205.91 $207.57 $204.01 $167.1M 819.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $204.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$204.69 8739 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.