2001-2008 thank you mr president ...

1. 5,822 Posts.
    Hmmm ... a repost from the weekend for those who might be interested.

I shall leave comments re: Bush Presidency to the pack who worldwide are feeding on the carcass.

Needless to say, laizzez-fare capitalism (aka free-market fundamentalism) is a totally discredited ideology and should be relegated to the rubbish bin of history just as the failure of Communism dealt the death knell to Marxism.

Alan Greenspan to the House Committee Aug08: "I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interests of organizations, specifically banks and others, were such that they were best capable of protecting their own shareholders and their equity in the firms."

The global battle of the century has just begun ... already right-wing "think-tanks" worldwide have gone underground and feverishly attempting to re-write the last decade of capitalism's history as economic success experiencing a 'rough patch'.

The US is close to financial liquidation both as a private and public entity. Of the US$16trillion 2007 economy, US$4.5trillion is debt and the major indicator that as a nation the US is living way beyond it's means.

When Clinton left the White House, public debt was US$5.6trillion with a plan in place to extinguish public debt by 2025. In 2006, the cost to US taxpayers to service the public debt was US$450billion. Today public debt is US$10.7trillion and a further US$2trillion is expected to be added in 2009-10.

From another free-market sycophant: "A person with a delusion is absolutely convinced that the delusion is real." ... John Winston Howard ... National Press Club 11/21/2007 (Note: 3 days before the 2007 Federal Election)

If you had bought the DJIA when Clinton took office and sold when he left you would have had a 225% gain in 8 short years.

Cheers ... tight stops.

This is only my view ... read the black stuff.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.