GTP 0.00% 12.0¢ great southern limited

2005 plantation project tiwi island growers, page-10

1. 96 Posts.
    In an article in today's Fin Review it states that Black Tree has "secured nearly 5 per cent of grower proxies to call a growers meeting to consider its proposal".

If I understand correctly they have sent a letter to growers, but I am yet to receive anything.

I posted my votes today backing the Gunn's proposal. To hold off voting for either PPPL or Gunn's and wait for Black Tree is the more risky proposition.

I have read the Black Tree press release from Nov 20 and their proposal is interesting. I would love more detail.

I have plantations in the Tiwi Islands for the 2007 and 2008 projects, which I have virtually written off (with a lot of sadness). I would love nothing more than for Black Tree or another RE to come along and continue the project. However the trees now belong to someone else and I don't think we're going to get them back easily, not to mention the viability of the location.

For anyone interested there is a really good report located here giving the current state of play of forestry in the Tiwi islands -
    http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/eca_ctte/tiwi_islands/report/c02.pdf

The upshot is that the current plantations will generate revenue estimated at $90 million with costs at $75 million. Before that can happen though the port needs to be rebuilt and improved over what was there previously possibly costing as much as $50 million.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.